Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ju Shin Jung

Hehehe.. this afternoon finally I ate the BBQ buffet lunch @Ju Shin Jung, Korean Charcoal BBQ Restaurant, located at West Coast Highway, opposite of Haw Par Villa. My colleague introduced me to this place. The restaurant serves BBQ buffet for lunch (pork & chicken) incl. set lunch for $29.90+++ My sister and I met @Harbour Front then we took taxi there. It costs us about $5.40 per trip. It is not hard to find. The restaurant is quite big. They have normal table and chair, and also the short table (sit on the wood floor). We chose to sit on the wood floor. We ordered the BBQ buffet. As for lunch set, my sis ordered mixed vegetable rice (bibimbap), while I ordered Cold spicy noodle.

First of all they served us w/ different kinds of vegetable salad (to wrap the BBQ meat) in a long tray plus raw chili and garlic. Then they took out 8 different kinds of side dishes (kimchi, tauge, green veggies, toufu w/ chilli, romaine lettuce w/ chilli, seaweed soaked in vinegar, cube radish, and small pancake). Oops.. forget to mention.. they gave us 2 white round thing in a small plate and they told us it was a towel. My sis and I looked blurred.. until my sis asked them on how to use. The server told us to put some water into the small plate. Amazingly.. the small round tablet we saw slowly turned longer and softer. It grew into about 6 cm height of wet towel. Wow!!! We were so suaku.. hahaha... but good experience though.. They even sell it and put it near the cashier. 1 packet of 12 pcs costs $12. I bought one. Hehehe... cute mah...

We ordered Raspberry Wine ^^ *see pic...
It tastes sweet and nice. I drank it before in LA. My friend introduced me to this wine, which we bought it at Korean supermarket there. It costs about US$8 per bottle but they sell it at SGD$30 per bottle in the restaurant (expensive oh???).
I also saw it sold in Korean supermarket behind Kwan Im temple at Bugis for $18.50 per bottle, in case you want to buy and try it urself. The volume is 375ml per bottle and contains 15% of alcohol.
Very recommended and suitable for woman =)
My sis and I finished the whole bottle in the afternoon and after that we started to laugh a lot.. hahahaha....

Next... the waitress cooked the bbq pork in front of us. The lunch set were also served soon after. The dried nang mian (cold spicy noodle) is nice. It's smooth and very thin. It's chewy - typical Korean noodle served with little bit of hard boiled egg, sliced cucumber, radish, and beef. They also gave me a cup of cold soup, which can be poured into the bowl. They gave us mustard and vinegar, in case if we want it. But I didn't take it 'cos I was afraid that I won't like the taste if I mixed it.


Hmmm.... we enjoyed the food very much. Once the pork has finished, the waitress changed the hot plate and cooked the chicken. Both of us prefer the pork rather than the chicken. So after the chicken has finished, we ordered another portion of pork.. ooopss... two portion actually.. hahahhaa...... We ate a lot mannn!!!! It's very nice to eat the BBQ meat w/ the wine.

The buffet was served from 12 to 2pm from Tuesday to Sunday (they close on Monday). Total bill for both of us was $104. Every $50 purchase before tax and service charge, we are entitled w/ $5 off for next purchase. Not much offer, but better than nothing =)

Overall I like the place, the food, and the service. The staffs really gave us good service too. They are friendly and helpful *We were asking them lots of things since we didn't really know on how to eat or how to mix thing with. Next time I will go there again!!! But.. I have to prepare to gain weight of at least 2 kg after makan.. hahahaha.....



Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...