Saturday, October 27, 2012

Om Ah Ra Pa Tsa na Dhi


I know this chant from our tour guide in Tibet, Jia Dun. He said when he was young, there was something wrong with his tongue, which he could not pronounce words properly. His grandma asked him to spell "Om Ah Ra Pa Tsa Na Ti ti ti ti ti ti ti ti ti...........", in one long breath. He also followed his grandma's instruction to lick the chain in Jokhang Temple until he was able to speak clearly (around age 13-14 years old). Hehehe....

I just realized that I didn't post any photos nor stories about my China and Tibet trips around 2 years ago. Perhaps I was too busy... But honestly speaking, it was my first time going to Tibetan temples. My first time to see and to turn the prayer wheels. My first time entered and saw what was the Tibetan temple look like. I was amazed by it.

We were quite lucky too to meet Tashi Dhundup (Jia Xi Dun) as our tour guide. He speaks Chinese but he was born in Tibetan families. He is also Buddhism and explained a lot about Buddhist teaching and culture, also his own experiences. Don't know how is he now. Hope he is doing well with his life :)

I didn't know much about Tibet when I were there two years ago. Only recently, after reading book by Dalai Lama, I know what has happened to Tibet. So sad... :(

I can just pray that things will get better for all being... Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukhitatta. Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...