Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Do what you love, love what you do

'The secret of happiness: find out what you truly love to do and then direct all your energy towards doing it. Once you do this, abundance flows into your life and all your desires are filled with ease and grace.' - Robin Sharma

Have you ever been in situation where you had to choose between following your heart (what you love to do, but less prospect - lead to slower growth and slower pay increase) or did the things that you were not sure if you liked it or not, but this job would give you what you want (better prospect - lead to faster or more pay and better title)???

I think most people (9 out of 10) would choose the second one. Hehe... At most situation, money and title (or fame) would still be the main drives in choosing the job.

It's kinda sad though that there were many people I know, chose their job not following their heart and passion, but just doing it for the sake of earning better money, better prospect, and better title.

At the end, they did not really enjoy what they were doing. Just followed the flow as long as they received their salary into their bank account at the end of the month.

But this is reality of life, no? Most people want to have a better life, means, they need money to buy things they want, but not necessary they are happier since their work took most of the time of their daily life.

There were also people who enjoyed their passion and yet, earned deservedly for their effort and passion. I took my hats off for this type of people. But it took hard work and perseverance to be able to where they were now.

As for me, I'm grateful that I am doing what I love to do. Although I'm kinda stuck in this post, while the rest of colleagues have gone up to another step career ladder, I still keep my thinking positively.

I remember I read it somewhere, "It's simply a matter of FOCUS on doing what you're doing BEST and not worrying about what other fellow is going to do, such as get promoted. Because at the end of the day, people will value you based on your knowledge and experience."

But it doesn't mean I resist for changes. I would keep my self open for another opportunity that may arise (can be somewhere else) and always tell myself to get ready and adapt for changes.

Well, after all, all these are part and parcel of life that we have to go through. We can't always get the best thing in life, but how we can make thing the best will depend on how we approach it into our lives.

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful" - Albert Schweitzer

Still not too late to realize it and catch your dreams - to create your masterpiece, to invent the unimagined, discover your talent, and most importantly to express your true self :)

"Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born" - Dale E. Turner

2 comments:

Sangay Duba said...

Nice post! I am thinking to follow what my heart says to, soon after i graduate.

Try not to earn when you are young instead learn more... i read somewhere!!

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Sangay!

I'm glad that you want to follow what your heart says. Hope your dreams will come true soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...