Sunday, October 12, 2014

Rest in Peace...

Pic source: firstcovers.com

The above was one of her favorite quotes that she wrote on her Facebook. As the owner of the travel agent cum tour leader, traveling was definitely her passion in life. She had visited many places in this earth, as cold as Alaska, as dangerous as Afghanistan, as dry as Ethiopia, as tropical as Caribbean.

A cheerful lady who was blessed with a great and loving husband and gave birth to a cute little daughter. Both had beautified and colored her life.

She was my schoolmate back in Senior High School, but we didn't know each other as we were never in the same class before. In fact, I knew about her only few years ago, that's also from my Mom, who often enrolled her tour from her company.

Truthfully, I never met her in person, but I contacted her before through message on phone and Facebook. Once, she messaged me and asked me if I was free on certain dates as she had free ticket to Seoul to depart from Singapore. I was surprised for her remembrance. She knew I loved to travel, moreover independently. That's why she offered me that. Too bad I couldn't get away on the dates that she offered. But I was grateful that she thought of me.

Now she's gone. Three days ago I heard from my bestie that she was flown by chartered flight and admitted emergency to one of the hospital here. She had tumors on her brain and lung. Previously she survived from the cancer. She had been coma for 9 days and awoke on the day my bestie told me about her. I even asked my bestie if we should visit her since she was admitted here in Singapore. My bestie told me that we should have waited until the condition got better.

Just hours ago I saw message pouring in her Facebook. Many her friends sent condolences message for her departure.

Life, short as it is...
We'll never know when our time will come
Today I can look smiley and cheerful
In a moment I may be gone and leave this world forever
So, before that time comes...
Make sure that at every second, every minutes...
Do what you love doing...
Go to the place you have always wanted to go...
Meet, call, or message that someone...
Tell your feeling that you want them to know
If it's love, thank you, and even sorry...
Never wait until tomorrow, as it may never come
Forgive everyone everything
As we are all just a human being who often make mistakes in life
In the end, always live your life to the fullest...
That's what I always tell to you... 
Hope you will never get bored but it's just a reminder on how fragile our live is

So my dear friend, although we've never met each other before, I'd heard a lot about you. All was saying that you'd been a down to earth, good and caring person. May God bless you wherever you go and rest in peace. I will remember you always...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope she gets well soon.Nice post, specially that quote.Got to make every moment count.Have a nice week ahead la.

Unknown said...

May her soul find an eternal peace. RIP which also means Return If Possible.

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Kipchu and Sherab for your sincere wishes for my dear friend! I also wish that she will be born in a better world as a better and happier human being or more.

You know what? My father who knew about this news, trying to call me many times today. I was sleeping and didn't hear his call. So I called him back just now and asked him if there was anything important he wanted me to do. But no. He told me that life is short and it seemed to me that he just wanted to hear my voice, to know that I'm alright over here. I'm touched by his care and love. I hope he knows that I love him and thank him very very much for his care and love ^_^

Hope you two had a wonderful weekend! Take care!

Thoughfolio said...

My heartfelt condolences to your dear beloved friend. The fact is one day or another, we all have to face this inevitable fact, so during our uncertain stay in this universe be good to yourself, your friends and to all the sentient beings for we shall not regret. An instructive message to all ma'am Rima. And so sweet of your father, you are fortunate to have such a loving father, God bless him, my regards to him. Hope All is Well. Take Care. :)

Overcome Life said...

It's true Ugyen! In this short span of life we should treat ourselves and others well. Be good and do good. Help others while we can and within our limit.

And yes, I'm very fortunate to have my father who loves and cares to me unconditionally, also my mother, husband, son, siblings, and dear friends all over the world, including you and all blogger friends. Thank you everyone for everything! May Buddha bless all of you! Have a wonderful week ahead! :)

sancha rai said...

Great writings about the great lost...anyway hope her soul may rest in peace...I too have the same kinds...thanks

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Sancha for your sincere wish to my dear friend! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...