|Smile is my make up :) (Instagram: Rimareyka.writes)|
1. No longer have a need to impress others. I am who I am - whether you like it or not (inside and outside).
2. Wear anything that's comfortable (including shoes and slippers) - no matter how simple or ugly it looks.
3. Support and implement a natural look (without make up). So, many times, people have mistakenly thought that I was in my late 20s due to, well, perhaps I have been wearing smile as my make up ;)
4. Feel that I look better in long hair rather than short hair. But due to the circumstances (hot weather, hair loss, etc.) I have to cut my hair short (sometimes very short!), which in the end, I will be looking ugly/ auntie-look (due to my round and chubby face). Lol! But no matter what, I will always prefer comfort over good looking. No one to impress anyway!!! :D
|New hair for the new year!!! :)|
5. Eat to live, not live to eat - but still love eating. Meaning, I am no more fancy the buffet style or having the mentality of must-go-eat at restaurant anymore. Any cheap, simple and nice dish will do to fill the stomach, especially the home-cooked ones - not only healthier, but also saving dollar and cents for other cause.
6. Have to maintain my weight - to be under acceptable range - for a good health (as the age increases, metabolism has become slower and very difficult to lose weight).
|When metabolism starts getting slow (Instagram: Rimareyka.writes)|
7. Continue to balance life - work, travel, continuous learning, exercise, play, rest, read, write, and all the things I love doing.
8. Try my very best to include exercise as part of my life, even if it is only a walk (thanks to the active watch, it monitors how many steps I have everyday!)
9. Do what I love (when possible!) - especially when it comes to 'work'.
10. Still struggle to find it though. Preferably can earn money, have more freedom, less gossip / negative environment, and less stressful job. Best if I do not have to dress up and wear make up to work! :P
11. Still have difficulty with speaking the right thing at the right moment (too direct and blunt). Haiz!
12. Deeply feel grateful for having more than a roof on my head (as I am blessed with balcony where it is the best place to start and end my day, to relax, to drink tea/coffee with cakes, etc.)
|Morning view from the balcony (Instagram: Rimareyka.writes)|
13. Changed the goal that I set earlier in life - from making myself happy, to current one - make the other beings happy :)
14. Am very grateful for the family members and very good friends to whom I can share my love fully and unconditionally.
15. Continue feel grateful for my fate with Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha. They are always there for me all the time. Thank you!
16. Have known and understood well the difference between love and attachment.
|Difference between love and attachment (Pic source: Google.com)|
17. Have realized that ego is the source of all suffering (which I still have it sometimes in my behavior!).
18. Still have difficulty to apply meditation in everyday's life (How I wish that sleeping is the best way to meditate :P)
19. Feel that reading and watching movie/ drama series are two things to avoid world's problem (which I enjoy a lot!)
|Quote from current favorite Korean drama "Encounter" (Instagram: Rimareyka.writes)|
20. Try to include visit to Buddhist temples plus rejuvenating mind and soul activities into my travel itineraries (when possible!)
21. Regard luxury as the last priority unless someone paid for it :D
22. Rather explore more countries or treat others with the the extra money.
23. Buy what I need, not what I want.
24. Fully believe that we should donate while we are still alive, and not after we die because by doing so, we are able to practice letting things go and non-attachment.
25. Try my best to do it now, today, and while I still can - as tomorrow is uncertain and not necessary comes.
26. Still lack of parenting skill but I guess communication is still the best key in any relationship (including parent-child relationship).
|One of the dating time with Baobel :)|
27. I'm still selfish as I was before (see note no. 17). Try hard to cut it down but it has become a habit! Yalama!
28. Find out that cooking with love is still my favorite thing to do. Now, baking too (although I can only bake very less varieties of cakes :D)
29. Will let people misunderstand me and think whatever they like because I can never stop them from doing that.
30. Realize that only true friend will accept me of who I am with all good and bad things I have (I think my hubby is my only true friend in life - he is left with no choice!) Lol!!!
31. Am grateful for having few trusted friends whom I could open my heart up with. Thank you!
32. Think that friendship is not based on how long we have been together, but how both parties are able to respect, commit, put effort, and willing to be there not only when one is having good times only!
|Everything is temporary in life quote (Instagram: Rimareyka.writes)|
33. Won't hesitate to let the fake friend/ people go away from my life - life is too short to be unhappy!
33. Enjoy travelling as it always trains me to be outside my comfort zone, adapt to new environment, practice detachment and impermanence in life.
34. Still wonder why people love and will never stop gossiping. Why don't they just keep quiet, do their work, and just speak when necessary. Jokes are welcomed but negative environment is really bad for health (body, soul, and mind!)
|Who are you to judge anyway quote (Instagram: Rimareyka.writes)|
35. Am glad that I never look beautiful as it often attracts the unwanted problems especially when traveling alone or to country where woman is often vulnerable. And instead, I was even gifted with this big size body that always ready to hammer any bad people who tried to disturb me :P
36. Believe the power of pray as it has been proved by many. It can even create miracles in life. So, don't give up hope and keep praying!!! Pray harder when necessary!!!
37. Do believe in power of positive thinking!!!
38. And the law of attraction (the ability to attract into our lives whatever we are focusing on, which uses the power of the mind to translate whatever is in our thoughts and materialize them into reality). So be careful on what you think!!!
39. Believe that to get the peace of mind, it must be started from home. Without peace and harmony among the family members, nothing will go well and according to what you wish for!
|Peace and harmony starts from home quote (Instagram: Rimareyka.writes)|
40. Realize that friendship is essential in life and you can never live alone no matter how great, powerful, or rich you are!
Well, those are resulting from life's experience (good and bad) and I believe that everything that has happened in my life, it all happens only for good reasons. I am really grateful for everything that happens to me. One thing relates me to another, then another, then another. It links me and shapes me to who I am. Not everyone goes through the same process. Even when they do, they may react differently and give a very different result.
It is all in our minds how we want to live our lives. What we want to focus, what our goal is, what our priorities are, and so on. I believe we are all a very unique human being, with different strengths and weaknesses. So, have you ever thought what kind of thought and way of life you have gone through so far?
|Be grateful for everything quote (Instagram - Rimareyka.writes)|
Those may change along the time. As we grow up, we may experience more, do more mistakes, face more challenges in life. Just keep being positive and always learn the lessons from it! Time to sleep now. Few years from now when I looked back to this post, I might laugh on what I ever believed and thought. Well, changes are constant. We will never know what I will become one day! :D So good night, and hope you enjoy reading my thoughts! Cya! :)