Saturday, April 25, 2020

It is not spring, but simply time to grow...

Favorite place to have breakfast or tea :)

As you have already known, there is no spring season in Singapore. We have only either hot weather or rainy day all year long. Since Covid-19 had been declared as pandemic by the WHO, we kept ourselves safe by staying mostly at home. One of the activities I love doing every morning is to prepare breakfast - of any kind. Be it Western style - from wraps, soup and salad, egg, sausage and hash-brown, sandwiches or Asian style like noodles, fried rice, dim sum, porridge, and so on. And all that, I love having it at my balcony.

It has a view of the blue sky and white or black clouds, depending on the weather. The position makes it protected from the direct sunshine. So even if I woke up late and have a late breakfast, the sun will not shine directly on me. Therefore, it is cooling and nice :)

Money plant (19.03 vs 25.04)

On the table I have put a pot of plant. It is called money plant. I bought it many years ago when I was still working, perhaps 7 to 8 years back, where I put it on my working table. It represents a meaning of good wealth luck :D See the photo above :) And as I eat or drink, I keep looking at it and see it growing - see the difference in one month's time. Beautiful, isn't it?

At the balcony there are little space where my hubby does the gardening. It is his hobby to plant something new from the seeds of fruit or vegetable that we eat. Oh, I am a tea drinker too - green tea and black tea. After finishing my tea, I will take out the tea leaves from the tea bag and spread it on top of the soil. Tea leaves are known to contain nutrients and minerals that promote healthy growth in plants - a good natural fertilizer.

Every time I will put it at different pots and as I have the meal there almost every day, without fail I will notice the growth process of the plants there and slowly develop the interest on it.

Chili plant (23.03 vs 25.04)

The above is the comparison of chili plant. See how tall it is now compared with a month ago. Too bad, no chili has grown yet, only flowers. I really can't wait to harvest it and cook it. Hahahaha.... :D

Now it is not spring here, but really the time for the plants to grow. The sun and rain are such a perfect combination to let them grow. Plus one more thing, a very important thing to let them grow beautifully. Do you know what it is??? Say positive and beautiful words to the plants - like 'I love you', 'You are beautiful', 'You are healthy and strong', etc. It really helps in making them growing wonderfully :)

Most important ingredients for growth - Love and positive words :)

Sometimes hubby just anyhow throw any seed into the soil. That is why he is often unsure what plants we are having even though the leaves have grown up tall. We can only know what it is until the fruits are appearing (pray for the fruits to come).

Plant we do not know what it is :P On growing process :)

Growing buds :)

Anyone knows what plant is this??? :D Looks like decorative plant

With spikey leaves. Is it papaya???

Don't know the name of the plant. I think it is more like decorative plant :D

Below are the rest of the plants we have at home :)

Tomato plants :)

Baby Aloe Vera :)

Baby pomegranate :)

Growing up baby leaves - still young and fresh green :P

The last but not the least - my home grown Shanghai Bok Choy (Chinese vegetable)

Hahaha... The last one was grown by me. This is one of my favorite vegetables as it is easy to cook with anything (especially with noodles). One day when cutting it, I thought of dumping it on the soil and trying my luck to see if it could grow. I saw it from Facebook or Youtube last time that usually people use water to grow it. But since there was empty space in one of the big pot, I thought of trying to put it there. I put 2 pieces but only one manages to grow.

One time after pressing the lime to be mixed with chili, I too took the lime seed and dumped it into one of the pots that looked empty. Hubby found it out and immediately removed it as he said he had put something else in it and it took time to grow. You know, sometimes he can be so possessive about his garden hahahahaha..... 

And since one of the Bok Choy grows successfully, it encourages me to try more and put it on empty space. When he saw it, again he complained and asked me not to overcrowd the plant in his pot. Hahahahahahaha..... 

Just for laugh (Pic source: Facebook.com)

Oh man, I wish we have more space to grow more plants in our house. With the extra space in balcony, we are lucky and grateful enough that we can grow it there. But sometimes we feel that it is never enough :P 

Anyway, I am not a passionate gardener like my hubby. Can say that this Bok Choy is the second plant I ever grew other than bean sprout that I did as an experiment during primary school time. Hahahahaha.... :P With this, I think I will let him grow it and just let me enjoy to view the beautiful results :D 

7 comments:

Thought Printed Into Words said...

Its good to see that madam hubby is also a lover of gardening like me la. It's always good to see those beautiful flowers and plants growing... Keep writing madam...

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Tashi. You love gardening too? That's great to hear la!!! Will keep writing la. You too tub! :)

Tshering Chekii said...

Beautiful. I have also started working on indoor plants and hope it will be beautiful like yours in future. Take care la. Keep writing <3

Overcome Life said...

Great to know la. I am sure your plants will grow well under your care. Do not forget to shower it with lovely words every day :) You too take care!!! XO

Flora said...

Hope they are growing well so far.

Overcome Life said...

Yes Charo, they are still growing healthily and happy :) Keep yourself warm there. Winter is coming!!! Take care! :)

Flora said...

That’s great charo, yes, already winter, keeping myself layered up to keep warm.��

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...