Monday, February 06, 2006

Back to reality...

This morning, when I woke up, felt like waking up from the dream. It's been a week since I left S'pore. Time went so fast when I was there and just don't want to return to the normal life.
So... we were celebrating new year in Jakarta. On our way from airport to home, I saw lots of fire crackers in the sky. The sounds were just never stop especially when it was near 12am midnite. I slept 2.30am that day, cos we normally pray first after the new year.
In the afternoon, lots of people came to our house continuously. Very crowded.. and that's the fun of it. Mostly my relatives. Lots of them have grown up and I couldn't even recognise who they are. Just like a magic change their appearances.
At nite we visited our uncle's house, then to home to take a rest.
On second day of new year, we went to Bandung. We planned to go throught the new highway - Cipularang highway - but since it was closed due to the broken construction, we went through the other way, which took longer. It was 20 of us taking 4 cars. We arrived around 2pm and directly went to Batagor Riri to have our late lunch there. Len's friend was there too with his son, and also my cousin who was on holiday there with her friends. After makan, we went to watch the Angklung show at Saung Ujang. It was quite expensive but worth to see. Other than just watching, we were also participated in playing it (each guest had one angklung to play with). After the 2hour show ended, we browsed around the handicraft shop and I managed to buy some souvenirs to my colleagues. We had small snacks while waiting the car to come - cakwe, cimung, tahu goreng.. hm... w/ chilli padi.. hot hot...
We went to Cafe Bali to have our dinner and to factory outlet to look look and see see.. =P It closed at 9pm, so we went to our hotel at Puteri Gunung Hotel, put our luggage, took a bath, and went out again to have supper.. (satay kambing, chicken satay, sayur asem soup, etc. etc.)
We went back and had a nice sleep afterward.. what a tiring day!!!
Next morning, we had our buffet breakfast at 7am before leaving to Vipassana Graha Temple at Lembang. It's been 10 years since my last trip there. There were few changes but I still recognised the place. I stayed there before for a week for studying Buddhism with my friends. What a wonderful experience I ever had.
After visiting it, we went back to hotel and waited my uncle to come back then left the hotel. We went around to look for a place where they sell a very cute and nice bagelan (dry crispy bread.. very nice and cheap.. only $2/box). Then we had our late lunch at Yoghurt Cisangkuy. Since it was already quite late, we didnt visit any fo anymore, but continued our journey to Puncak. We arrived there around 7pm and had our dinner at Bumi Aki - nice food and cheap too. Then to factory outlet there. There were lots of branded clothes with a much cheaper price than retail price. We bought quite lots of clothes - I managed to buy 1 long pant and 3/4 pant. It closed at 9.30pm, so we headed to my uncle's villa at Kota Bunga. The location was quite far, so we needed to be guided by the local there. It took lots of time to pack the things since I had to prepare it to be brought home the next morning by my brother who would go home at 5am from there. I think I slept at 12am.. nice sleep at a nice bed.
I woke up around 10am in the morning and packed stuffs again before heading back to Jakarta. My sis wanted to bring her children to Fantasy World (or Dufan - Dunia Fantasi) at Ancol, so all of us went there after visiting Ice World - also at Ancol. It was quite fun to play in Dufan. There were few new attractions to visit.. and since it was weekday, not many people queueing for the ride (saved our time too). We went till 6pm, then had our dinner at Pecenongan (ate Satay Babi). We went back home and slept...
On Thursday morning, we went to Mangga Dua & ITC for some shopping. After that my sis and I had a facial for two hours (i fell aslept there... hehehe..), then went to Mega Mal - the nearest mal from home - to browse around til nite time.
On Friday, we went to shop again at Artha Gading Mal - children played at Amazone till they drop - and had our lunch at a food court there. We went to Kelapa Gading Mal too - since it was nearby the MAG. We did not find much thing there.. My son slept accompanied by his father in one of the food shop while I browse around.
Then we left the place at 6.30pm to Hayam Wuruk. My aunt invited us for dinner there. Since we missed out one turn, we became the last who arrived there... After makan, again, we went to Mega M to shop and played bowling with my sis and her friends. We went back at 10pm and had a rest.
On Sat morning, my sis flew back to Hong Kong early in the morning. I managed to wake up and said good bye to her and her family and fell a slept again till 12pm in the afternoon. Then my friend asked me to meet up in his mother in law's resto. He supposed to pick me up at 2pm.. but.. he finally arrived at 3.30pm. (I hate Indonesian's rubber hour or 'jam karet'). So we had our late lunch there and chatted while eating.
After that he drived us home and I had a short break before having dinner with my father. At 10pm we went to Hard Rock Cafe to have a drink and dance. It was fun. We were there till 1am then we went through 'Taman Lawang' twice to see the 'aqua' there. Then to have Ropita. While eating, there were three pengamen who came to us and asked us what song for them to sing. My friend suggested them to sing 'TTM or Teman Tapi Mesra'. So.. not bad huh? Just for 20 cents we had a live performance.. =D
We went back home at 2.30am and I slept till again 12pm.. Now I realise.. I woke up late almost everyday.. wow.. We went to Mega M to shop the rest of the things and 2.30 pm we went back home and packed our things and went to airport to catch our 5pm flight. We arrived Singapore at 7.40pm S'pore time and reached home around 9pm. Unpacked things, which were a lot... then managed to sleep at 12am and this morning I had to wake up at 7am and went to work...
Now I have to continue my work again.. so... write till here then.. ciao

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...