Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Book Bucket Challenge

Pic source: writersleague.com

After the spread of the Ice Bucket Challenge all over the world, there were other bucket challenges coming up too, such as: India’s Rice Bucket Challenge, where the participants need to donate one bucket of cooked or raw rice to a poor household, and quite recently I was nominated by Sonam Tenzin for the Book Bucket Challenge in Facebook.

Before tagging or nominating others for the challenge, I have to understand first what it was all about. Because otherwise, the person whom I nominated will ask me what is it, and I will have no idea how to explain on what it was.

Therefore, I searched in google and it led me to the Facebook page of the #BookBucketChallenge. So what is it?

#BookBucketChallenge

Make a list of books you wish to donate
OR
Donate books to Libraries or to needy and take photos
OR
Write the list of top 10 Favorite Books you read

Post it in internet with hashtag #BookBucketChallenge and ask/ tag/ challenge your friends

And this challenge is made for the purpose to eradicate illiteracy.

Well, the easiest thing to do among the three choices above was definitely to do the third one.

However, based on the source of www.businessinsider.in it explains as per follow:

“The Book Bucket Challenge is a drive started by One Library per Village, an NGO based in Kerala. The mission of this NGO is to create awareness and share the latest tools, services and resources that add value to digital libraries, enrich user experiences and enhance associated people's career development and learning activities.

So, unlike what is coming across on Facebook, this challenge is also requires you to do something in the name of charity, and not only about nominating your friends for listing ‘10 books that have stayed with them for a while’. Instead, you have to make a list of the books you are willing to donate to libraries or needy people.”

Ahhh…. Araso!!!

Therefore, I will write the list of top 10 Favorite Books that I’ve read here:

1. Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often - Apelles Poh
2. The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO - Robin Sharma
3. The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
4. Life Lessons From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari – Robin Sharma
5. The Secret – Rhonda Byrne
6. Living Fully – Finding Joy in Every Breath – Shyalpa Tenzin Rinpoche
7. Daily Teachings – Rhonda Byrne
8. Lean In – Sheryl Sandberg
9. The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
10. One Hundred Years of Solitude – Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Next, I will nominate many Bhutanese bloggers to continue this challenge: Ugyen Tenzin, Ugyen Jamyang Norbu, Passang Wangmo, Rupa Kaykay Gurung, Jigmmey Sangpot, Sangay Phuntsho, Luzee Lekzeema, and last but not least, Lekey Choden Dorji.

You can choose to do one of the three things as mentioned at the Facebook or you can also choose to donate your book for charity as per original intention by One Library per Village. In my case I'll do both and I'll do it randomly.

So, have fun everyone! Most importantly, get or start your reading habit back into your life again! Cheers :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Rima, thanks for nominating me and that challenge came heavy on me. If I am to challenge, I need to read more. Next time, on this day, I will come with a challenge. Importantly, thanks for spreading a cause for BookBucket Challenge. I knew just now only. Thanks.

Thoughfolio said...

Thank you ma'am Rima for your nomination and about the information on BookBucketChallenge, you have infused me with its familiarity. I would love to share my favorite books those I live for. Hope doing great in life. Do Great. Take Care. :)

Himalayan Tenzin said...

Honestly, I haven't not known the reason of this Bookbucketchallenge. I just took it as a normal competition and to list out or boast the no. of books we read.

I will make sure I follow the good aspects of this challenge. I was a participant afterall.

Overcome Life said...

Hey, take your time Sangay! Start with one book and slowly enjoy the process. Take your own time as no one rushes you :) I hope one day you can let us know about your top 10 favorite books ^^

Overcome Life said...

It's my pleasure Ugyen :) You take care too! ^^

Overcome Life said...

Hahaha... That's why I didn't ask you and it took me quite some time before I posted mine on Facebook :D

So hope this post can make things clear on what the Book Bucket Challenge is about :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...