Friday, December 19, 2014

Secondary School Posting Day 2014

Life does not have to be perfect, to be wonderful!!! :)

It’s 19th December now. Wow!!! Time flies. The school holiday is going to over very soon. Just a month ago we received the PSLE result and at the same day, we immediately registered him to the Secondary school’s registration.

Every student was given a chance to choose six Secondary schools based on their PSLE results. They were given a booklet filled with summary of every secondary school around Singapore, with the scores range on Express and Normal category based on previous year result. Other than choosing school based on academic results, students were also having a chance to choose their favorite school based on the curriculum activities available as every school offered different co-curriculum activities. E.g. some school was good at football, some at badminton; some had Tae Kwon Do, etc.

As for my son, the first choice of the school would be based on the location. I think it’s very important to study at the school located nearby the house. First, it saves your time. Second, it saves your money on transport. Hehe.. I tell you this because I myself experienced it before.

When choosing the Senior High School, I thought of choosing the school of my choice that located very far away from my house. However, my father stopped me. He said that he would never sign the registration form if I chose to register that school and asked me to register at the school located very near from my house (less than five-minute walk). At first I was a bit unhappy with my father’s instruction, however, it wasn’t a bad school either and all my siblings were studying there before from kindergarten to senior high school. And I ended up entering that school and enjoyed every bit of it!!!

Now it came to my son’s turn. Hehe… That was our first choice. Second, the second nearest from home – it takes few bus stops away. The later the choice, the further the distance. To be honest, we didn’t choose the school based on their results, their achievements as what other parents and students would look at. Because at the end of the day, no matter how good the school is, if your child can’t catch up with it, or if they are not happy with the environment, too much pressure on the results, or has to travel far and takes lots of time to reach, it all will affect his or her overall happiness in life.

So today, early in the morning, my son went to the website and checked his school’s result. My hubby sent me the news when I’d reached to the office and we were all very happy about it!!! :) Yes, my son managed to enter to the first choice of the school, the school that is located nearest to our house. Yayy!!! Thank you SB, our hope and dream came true!!! Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!! :)

It’s quite a new school in the area (less than 5 years old). However, they offer lots of co-curriculum activities, such as: badminton, basketball, golf, shooting, softball, volleyball, Tae Kwon Do, and Wushu. There are art activities too, such as: band, choir, dance, drama, festive-drum, Gu Zheng, and harmonica. The uniform group available are NPCC (Sea), Scouts, and Girl Guides.

The school also offers media literacy such as reading program. It partners with National Library Board to increase the students’ love and confidence for reading and to equip them with skills such as creative and critical writing. Oh, it makes me wanting to join the school too! Hahaha… I never had a chance to learn this media literacy in my whole school time. If there is a class to learn, I’d love to join one as to increase my skills and abilities in writing. Son, can I join the school with you? Lolx!! :D

Pic source: Google.com

Well, congratulations once again Son! Hope you enjoy your new school and make use of the activities offered by the school. Spend your time wisely and not just playing computer games at home. Life is much wider than just playing computer games. Hope you will realize it one day and not too late. That’s my hope!!! Enjoy your youth time to the fullest and no matter what, we will always support and love you!! All the best!!! :)

2 comments:

rm said...

Awww this is such a cute post. I wish your son all the best in his new school. :)

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Rekha! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...