Monday, November 30, 2015

Give wings to fly

It's the last day of November. As per my previous post, I've been trying and doing my best to fulfill it. Just in week after, I had already decided on where to go next considering the budget limitation, time availability, companionship (who to go with and who would be there to meet and be with), etc. And today, it would be the day. Hahaha... :D

Think, feel, and imagine - Buddha

I just came back from China ten weeks ago and that time I told to myself that I wouldn't visit the country again in near time due to some endurance and unhappy experience that I had to go through. However, it didn't stop me from meeting my long time Beijing friend that I knew since beginning of the year 1997. And the last time I met her was in September 2001 when the 9-11 at the New York's Twin Tower happened.

Celebrating Birthday with my bestie in Beijing year 2001 :)

So, the decision came very quick and without difficulty I bought the tickets (good bargain with slightly endurance that we have to go through - to transit for 10 hours on our journey back home); planned the 10-day itinerary without any difficulty (since I stayed there before for a year back in 1996) - Oh, but the current metro lines are challenging and I guess we have to adapt with the distance and time spent especially when we have to keep changing and connecting to the other lines; booked few nights stay at youth hostel and local Inn (with hope that they can provide good heater and hot water throughout day and night) - winter time is tough in Beijing! Moreover it's already started snowing since a week ago; and many other preparations (winter clothes, gifts, etc.)

I bring my son to this trip and I hope both of us can spend a good quality and bonding time together, physically train his ability to walk, carry bag, endure public transport, let him taste the youth hostel's life, and hopefully - if lucky enough - to taste the snow falling from the sky. Pray hard! But what I'm sure of, his main motivation for this trip is to eat! Lol! (I had to use this method to rise his interest to travel saying that Beijing has the best dumpling, roasted duck, jian bing - pan fried pancake, and so on ;D)

My precious Baobei and I enjoyed the food at Chinatown ^^

I too have a cousin who is studying at the school where I studied before and I'm going to meet her. Three of us will browse around the school, dormitories, library, canteen, classes, sport ground, and so on; to reminisce the good old days, to feel nostalgic with my life back when I was still teenager time, and not to miss the delicious and reasonable price of Korean food nearby the school - it used to be my favorite hangout place for lunch or dinner.

Hm... it must have changed a lot now! Can't imagine once in my life that I'll be bringing my son there and showing him the place around!!!

And you know what? It's actually been my dream to bring my son to Beijing, ever since he was in a very young age. I was hoping that he could attend one month summer class learning Chinese with many other international students. However, I didn't have one month leave to accompany him there and not sure if I had enough money to pay the school fee and my own accommodation plus flight tickets for two. Therefore, that dream had never been realized.

Now that he has grown up and it will be just nice to bring him around touring the city, many famous attraction places (like Great Walls, Temple of Heaven, Imperial Palace, etc), perhaps cycling through small alleys in the middle of the city, sitting and relaxing at parks, and so on - for traveling, as a tourist, and let this be an eye opener for him.

I wish you'd be a flying horse just like me! :)

Perhaps after this trip he would develop more interest to travel around the world, in budget way, develop his courage and curiosity, etc. Yes, I'm hoping something will change from deep inside him. I'm hoping that we both develop better and greater mother and son relationship. I'm hoping that... well, I'll let nature takes its course on what will happen for him, and for us. Nevertheless, this would be our trip together after such a long time. So, please pray for both our safety and health throughout the journey. Thank you, thank you, and thank you! Wish all of your dreams come true too! Have a wonderful life out there and be happy always! :)

Let's hope that this ordinary trip will become extraordinary! :)

12 comments:

Choki Gyeltshen said...

I wish for the best!

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Choki for your best wishes! :)

Unknown said...

May the wings you bless him with, grant your wish - a flying horse just like yourself. Your good will bud shall surely flower la. My prayers and best wishes ashim. Enjoy your trip!

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Nuchu for your prayers and best wishes! I hope he will be one too, just like me :)

My prayers and best wishes for your upcoming exams too! Take care and all the best! :)

Tashi Chenzom said...

Best wishes to you and your son for the trip. As you have written, I pray for your mother and son relationship to develop better although its no doubt that its already a strong one. Take care and enjoy your trip!

Rupa Gurung said...

Ahh this is a candid post. <3 <3 <3 and <3.
I wish you all the best and that everything goes as you expect
and that during this trip may have many beautiful experiences, with your adorable son.
Buddha Bless You Both.
Take care, travel safely and blast China Town with loads of fun :P :P
:) :)

Flora said...

Wish you happy and memorable journey together with your son! Take care and corn back with full of fun and memory added! Good luck! Buddha bless you u both!

London Accountants Lady said...

Sounds like you're going on a very exciting journey, I really wish you the best and keep us updated on what's going on!

Overcome Life said...

Thank you very much Tashi for your best wishes and prayers! We both had good quality time together over there. Wish you have a wonderful holiday back at your home sweet home and spend great quality time with your family members! Take care and have a safe journey!

Love,

Rima :)

Overcome Life said...

Thank you so much for your wishes dear Rupa! We both indeed had a great time and fulfilled many of our dreams and wishes :) Wish you all the best for your upcoming holiday too! Be happy always!

Xoxo,

Rima :)

Overcome Life said...

Kadinche-la Charo for your best wishes! We have come back home safely and sound, spent quality and memorable times together! May Buddha bless you and your family always too!

Love,

Rima :)

Overcome Life said...

Thank you for your wish! Take care and all the best! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...