Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Happy 60th Birth Anniversary Fourth Druk Gyalpo - HM Jigme Singye Wangchuck :)

Birthday wishes for Forth Druk Gyalpo :)

Today let me join and convey my heartfelt wishes for His Majesty Jigme Singye Wangchuck who is the Fourth Druk Gyalpo (forth King of Bhutan) 60th Birth Anniversary - 11th November 2015.

Faraway from Singapore I could feel the happiness and this joyful occasion celebrated by Bhutanese all over the world, and it started from the home ground, of course.

Thimphu city celebrating 60th Birthday of Forth Bhutan King (Photo courtesy: Ugyen Lhendup)

Thimphu city was decorated beautifully with colorful Bhutan flags, King's photos, and many other auspicious decorations giving a joyful atmosphere and happiness to its citizens. Other activities and performances were held to public too at the Clock Tower. Lightings at night beautified the already beautiful city!

60th Birthday of Fourth Druk Gyalpo Celebration from Samcholing MSS (Photo courtesy: Rupa Gurung)

A three-day holiday is spent well with celebration and many activities in and outside the city. Schools are not exception. Reading year was also a tribute in conjunction with King's Birthday this year.

Everyone, includes villagers, they are all celebrating this special day by reciting long live prayer, singing, dancing, etc.

Celebration and warm wishes from Bhutanese in Melbourne (Photo courtesy: Flora Yang)

No matter how far it is from home country, Bhutanese are proud of their King, who had contributed a lot for the development of their country, especially measured by GNH (Gross National Happiness) rather than the measure of GDP (Gross Domestic Product).

Students celebrating the joyous occasion from outside Bhutan (Photo courtesy: Kipchu)

Bhutanese students were celebrating this joyous occasion too organised within themselves, like the one posted above, combined with the Diwali (festival of lights) celebration that falls on the same day. They cooked delicious curry, sang Bhutanese songs, danced, and finally cut the Birthday cake reaching midnight.

Many of them will gather at the Bhutanese Embassy in New Delhi today. Not just those studying in New Delhi, but also from outside.

How I wish there is Bhutan Embassy in Singapore too and if I could join the festivity with many other Bhutanese who live here in Singapore! ^^

Nevertheless, I'm happy here and here my humble and gratitude post to Forth Druk Gyalpo for becoming such an inspiration to your citizens and many other people like me worldwide :) Wish you be healthy and happy always Your Majesty! Long live to you! :)

10 comments:

Tashi Chenzom said...

Wow...first of all, I am very much grateful for your such wishes to His Majesty. Though you are not celebrating like us but your prayers and wishes makes up a lot of it.

Celebrations are going on all over world and here too, its our tribute to our great king. Kadinchey for joining us!! Happy Diwali.

Choki Gyeltshen said...

Hi Rima, Thanks! Didn't expect you into celebration too. It's a historical moment for us to say. Long Live the King! Best Wishes.

Overcome Life said...

It's my pleasure la to wish Your Majesty, Tashi! I believe you had great celebration time last night with your dear friends la! Wish you enjoy this day and live to your fullest! Happy Diwali to you too! Take care! :)

Overcome Life said...

Hi Choki, my pleasure la! I hope you can catch the BBS live streaming from there! I'm sure you miss your home now! Take care and have a wonderful day! :)

Flora said...

I am suppose to comment on this article... But as you know well that I got engrossed watching. The LIVE STREAMING of the celebration today! I enjoyed watching and 5th King's announcement to the nation that they are expecting a baby boy in start of 2016! I what a exciting news for the Bhutanese! Overwhelmed!
Thanks for capturing my humble greeting to our beloved 4th King on his 60th anniversary! am so glad that you write a beautiful wishes to King and country on this auspicious day!

Overcome Life said...

Hahaha... I was watching it too for a while and I'm happy too with the great news shared today! Wow, what a day! ^^ Thank you for letting me posted your beautiful celebration photos here. I hope you, your family and fellow friends having great times! Take care dear Charo! :)

Himalayan Tenzin said...

Thank you, madam Rima. I felt immensely happy to read this tribute post to the Great King. I expected this from you. After all, you are also a part of us: your third home. :) ( and remember the time when you were thought as Bhutanese by most of us and you know the reason why. ) :)

Overcome Life said...

It's my pleasure la Nuchu! Haha... Yeahhh, I am glad you think that I have become part of you, Bhutanese, and Bhutan as my third home now :D Many also expressed the same thing hehehe...

I hope you had a great time there la! Take care tub ga? Have a wonderful time! :)

Rupa Gurung said...

Thank you Rima dear; for being a part of our country and it was my peak pleasure to go through your wonderful tribute to our Fourth Druk Gyalpo ... and your tribute truly made the day more special and these words I think are simply perfect! Kadrinchela.
Remember! You are always part of Bhutanese
Loads of Love
xOxO ^^

Overcome Life said...

Kadinche-la dear Rupa for your beautiful words! I wish you had great celebration and Happy Diwali to you too! Love, Rima :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...