Sunday, November 22, 2015

Hello, c'est moi... (Adele)

It's November again.

Every year, this particular month brought me back memories from the past - about someone I used to know. Hm... it's been years, almost a decade maybe? Or more??

Hmmm... Why suddenly I remembered him?

Ahhhh... Tsk, I remember now!

Hello, c’est moi…

As I sipped in the hot ginger tea on my balcony yesterday evening, I heard a familiar music from my neighbor's window below my apartment. Although it was drizzling, the music was clearly heard, and the beautiful woman voice was coming out.

"Hello, it's me," I hummed along.

But I heard something different...

"Hello, c’est moi…"

Oh mon Dieu!!! C'est Français! - meaning, it was French! And it was not Adele's usual English song. 

I continued listening into its lyrics... 



If you can't open the above video, click here

Je me demandais si après tout ça tu
Voudrais qu’on se voit...
Pour se parler, faire le bilan
Le temps est censé nous guérir mais

Il n’oublie jamais vraimant



Hello, est-ce que tu m’entends ?
Je vis dans un rêve où tu devais  
Pourtant m’accompagner
On était jeunes et libres
Mais j’ai oublié tout de ce monde
Dans lequel on s’aimait

Tant de différences entre nous
Et tu es si loin de moi...


It's been a long time since I spoke the language during my college and internship time, a three-and-half-year spent in French-speaking area back in Switzerland. The song meaning though, wasn't that complicated. I could understand it, although not completely understood. 

Hello, est-ce que tu me vois ?
Je t’ai appelé tant de fois
Pour te dire désolé pour ce que j’ai pu faire
Mais quand je t’ai cherché, tu n’as fait que te taire

Hello, est-ce que to me vois ?
Je t’ai appelé tant de fois
Pour te dire désolé d’avoir brisé ton cœur
Mais aujourd’hui je sais que pour toi,
Je n’étais qu’une erreur 

Hmm....

Right on all those lyrics, where it was reminded me of him. Yeah, the man I was just mentioning in the above. We were both young and free. We spent our times and moments together in many places of the world, almost in all continents!

Hello, est-ce que ça va ?
C’est tellement typique de ma part
De toujours parler de moi
J’espère que tout va bien
As-tu réussi à t’enfuir de là où tu
Ne vis plus rien ?

Mais tu le sais qu’entre toi et moi,
Il nous reste plus que ça

And suddenly we lost contact. Lost of touch. He was living his way and I had lived on my way. So, yeah, the above song, it reminded me of him. It's so faraway now and I didn't hear any news from him too for so many years. But I believed, he was doing great out there, and having great time with his family members. Perhaps having a great career? Happy life? Well, perhaps!

And as I turned on Kiss92 from my mobile phone, the English version of "Hello", sung by Adele, was suddenly played.

"Hello, it's me..."

Not sure if it was the ginger tea that I'd been drinking, or the longing feeling that I had just a while ago. I felt the warmth from inside me despite the drizzling and cooling rain from surrounding me. 

I closed my eyes listening to the rest of the song:

"Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart
Anymore...,"

and ended it with prayers and warm wishes for him, for his long life happiness and success. 

Source of inspiration: "Hello" - by Adele (English version) and by Sara'h (French version).

8 comments:

Choki Gyeltshen said...

I like this song, never heard of French version. Good to know though. You had good times.

Overcome Life said...

Hi Choki, now you know then! ;) Thank you for reading through! Hope you have a great time too! Take care! :)

Flora said...

Wow! Sorry I had skip the lyrics in French but I believe it what it meant in English version! 😂😂

Overcome Life said...

Hi Flora, you were right! The meaning was very similar with the English version ^^ Thank you for going through and wish you a wonderful Sunday times with your family la! :)

Flora said...

You welcome, in fact I enjoyed! You have great Sunday too, regards to you family!

Overcome Life said...

Thank you! ^^

Yeesi7 said...

Yeah, this song gives me goosebumps.

I guess, almost everyone can relate to this song and reminisce old times and be happy and be stronger.

You are a wonderful soul to wish for his well being. I hope you are doing well too.
So much fun going through your Facebook post. Wish I could visit as many places as you and have so much fun :)

Lots of hugs
xx
Yeshi

Overcome Life said...

Hi Yeshi! It's been some time since I heard from you! I'm doing great here la and wish you too! Be strong and happy at the same time :)

Yeah, the song is awesome and the voice is even much more wonderful! Love both version so much!

So take care dear!

With love,

Rima :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...