Tuesday, December 15, 2015

This old place

Few days staying at home made my brain wanted to explode. The weather changes between hot sunny and thunder-stormed rainy day had made many people suffered from flu and cough. Good thing that I wasn't affected. It's just, I needed a great blown of fresh air to refresh my brain, so that I could think clearly and start anew!

Just nice my bestie sent a message and asked me out for a cuppa of coffee. Where to? It's just nearby this old place.

This old place :)

It used to be my playground. Almost 9 years hanging around this place, it felt like home. I knew the surrounding area quite well as I used to browse this place to every nook and cranny during lunch break or after work.

After meeting up for lunch with my ex-colleague cum makan buddy during those days, I walked through this area to visit the bookstore at the other side. Bargain corner was my destination each time I went. Sometimes I found great deal from the shelf.

It used to be my playground :)

But on the way there - during lunch break - I saw many familiar faces walking around. Some recognised and called me out. Some - I hoped they didn't see me :P Some were taking smoke break just beside the river, wearing black jacket to cover their uniform (company rules and regulations). And some, I called them out from outside the window and we chatted for a while.

As I kept walking through the bridge, I put the earpiece into my ears and played this song from my Sound Cloud. The lyrics played like this:


Sometimes I wake up with the sadness
Other days it feels like madness
Oh… what would I do without you?

When colours turn to shades of grey
With the weight of the world at the end of the day
Oh… what would I do without you?

A decade goes by without a warning
And there’s still a kindness in your eyes
Amidst the questions and the worries
A peace of mind, always takes me by surprise.

I feel like I’m walking with eyes as blind
As a man without a lantern in a coal mine
Oh… what would I do without you?

My imagination gets the best of me
And I’m trying to hide lost at sea
Oh… what would I do without you?

The difference between what I've said and done
And you’re still standing by my side
A guilty soul and a worried mind
I will never make it, if I’m on my own

So you’ve got the morning, I’ve got midnight
You are patient, I’m always on time
Oh… what would I do without you?

You’ve got your sunshine, I’ve got rainclouds
You’ve got hope, I’ve got my doubts

Oh… what would I do without you?
Oh… what would I do without you?
Oh… what would I do without you?

This old place, would always there in my mind. Its location, just beside the Singapore river, my favorite place to be. It brought me closer to the natural creation. Its flow calmed me, brought peaceful feeling into my mind and wide smile onto my face.

And will always be! :)

I wish to keep positivity in my life. I wish to be healthy all the time. I wish to listen to the Buddhist chant every morning before starting my day with many other activity. I wish to keep my gratitude feeling and be content always with what I have. I wish to be that kind someone, rich at heart, have compassion, and inspire others, as much as I could capture. I wish to always pursue the spiritual journey all through my life. I will do this all alone, all by myself. I wish I could do all this 'til the last breath I have. Wish that all this would come true! :)

8 comments:

Tnotebook said...

You're already a beautiful soul ma'am. Everything will work accordingly as per your wish with rolling time. Keep faith and trust life. Beautiful writing!!! Good day.

Unknown said...

You are already in the journey la. The spirituality is in you, and your wishes were it's true elements.All that is now required is for you to keep doing. Because perseverance is where most of us fails. And as you have love for nature, it is very reliable and it is understandable that you will never get tired.
May your wishes come true la.Prayers from nuchu!

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Tashi for your encouraging wishes! I wish I can fulfill it and make my life valuable, not only for my own self, but also for others :)

Wish you all the best for the rest of your practical exams! ^^

Overcome Life said...

Thank you for your sincere prayers and encouragement Nuchu! I'm sure I can do it, 'til my last breath! :)

Flora said...

Being home for long time makes us go nuts some times... Good you went out by yourself to refresh around! The song is one of my favourite by DREW HOLCOMB & THE NEIGHBORS. Hope you had good day!

Overcome Life said...

Yes Flora! That what happened to me! ^^ Oh, you also know the song? Great! Actually I just found it out yesterday and loved it immediately! Wish you a wonderful day la! :)

Tashi Chenzom said...

Mam...you are definitely that some who is kind at heart, bearing compassion and most importantly for me, providing inspiration. And I know you will be the same throughout your life touching so many lives...just like mine. And about being spiritual, you know it more than me how much you mean and believe in Buddha and the pure deeds.

Wish you the best!!!

Overcome Life said...

Thank you very much Tashi for your kind and sincere wishes :) These would always be the purpose of my life journey and for the benefit of other beings La! Wish you all the best in everything you do in your life too! Take care!

Love, Rima :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...