Sunday, May 15, 2016

But you're just a boy...

Beautiful night life

It was a cooling and breezy Friday night. People gathered around the round tables in an alfresco pub, shielded by transparent glass with white ceiling fans on top running in full blast. Many small potted plants with colorful summer flowers occupied the wooden barriers that held the area closed. 

Seemed like the rain had just poured for a while that caused the stony floor outside looked so glazy and shimmering. The small lamp in each table changed its color every five seconds - from red to yellow, yellow to green, green to blue, blue to purple, and back to red again - illuminating the dark night. The place was pretty crowded. People chatter and laughter occupied the area. Clinking sound from the beer bottles and whiskey glasses made it a complete combination to get rid the stresses from the long week's away.

From where I stood, I saw you standing so close with another girl, wearing the smart pants and jacket with tie that I bought for you on your Birthday. She looked so young, pretty, curvy, with fresh bosoms appeared  from the sexy red tight-fit dress that she was wearing. Her lip was full and shining red, with rows of white teeth appeared when she was laughing. It was when you whispered some words to her ears so close that it almost touched. 

And then you saw me. 

Your reaction changed almost immediately. You left her right away and walked towards me. You were smiling and said hi. You tried to hug and kiss me but instead, I walked away. We ended up going back home with no conversation made inside the taxi. 

As I removed my make up in front of the dressing table, I said this to you, "You know, when you act like that..., I don't think you realize that how it makes me look..., or feel." 

You  laughed and replied, "Act like what?? Why are you so jealous? 'Cos it's not like I'm sleeping with the girl..." 

It was exactly like a scene in Beyoncé's song!!! What??? Is this for real??? You're kidding me!!!

But you’re just a boy
You don’t understand
Yeah, you don’t understand, oh...
How it feels to love a girl someday
You wish you were a better man
You don’t listen to her
You don’t care how it hurts
Until you lose the one you wanted
'Cause you’ve taken her for granted
And everything you had got destroyed

But you’re just a boy...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...