Wednesday, December 05, 2012

I love you too Mummy....

Yesterday after work, I straightly had my dinner at home. The day before my mother-in-law cooked salty vegetable but I ate outside, so didn't manage to eat. Usually she'd cook a big bowl of it and could last for few days. So on the way back, I already imagined it to be on our menu for yesterday dinner, and yup, it was there... Hehehe....

I scooped a hot steaming rice from rice cooker, poured a soup into a bowl and got ready for my dinner :) With chopsticks, I took the salty vegetable, ate it with plain rice.. Hmmmm... A perfect combination... Hehehe.... It was simple but fulfilling. I was too much into myself then realized that my son was lying on sofa watching TV. Then my mother-in-law started telling me that Baobei didn't feel well the whole day and she measured his temperature, it was 37 plus.

I asked him, "How are you? What do you feel?". He said, "Ok." I asked him to have dinner with me, but he refused. He was like that whenever he didn't feel well, refusing to eat (not like him... Usually he'd eat eagerly and even scooped another one or two bowls extra of rice when the menu was his favorite). So I ignored him for a while and continued my dinner. In the kitchen, I saw few pots of cooling tea (tea cooked using Chinese herbs or ingredients to reduce heatiness of the body). Then I recalled that the past few days we had durian and deep fried food, so maybe he didn't feel well because of eating those food. So I poured 2 glass of cooling tea. One for me, and another one for him. "Come, sit properly and drink cooling tea," I requested. He then sat by my side and started to drink. I touched his forehead, a bit fever. But judging from his behaviour, he was still ok. I asked him to eat dinner again, but he still refused.

I took a bath. He was watching TV in my room. He told me, that was what he had been doing for the whole day. Lying on my bed and watched TV. Then I told him, "No wonder lah, you should go out and have exercise! You can go downstairs and play at playground, if not play your basketball." He immediately replied that the ball had not enough air.

These few days weather was hot in the afternoon, then it rained in the evening. It was so cooling at night, I almost took out my K5 (Bhutan whiskey) to warm up my body... But I told myself, no no, tomorrow work, better don't, otherwise I'll make it a new bad habit.. Hehe...

After finishing my bath, I took out pear and small oranges from the fridge. I peeled the pear and cut it into pieces. Baobei followed me to living room. I asked him to have dinner again, telling him how perfect the salty vegetable to be eaten with hot steamed rice haha... And this time he gave up. He went to the kitchen, scooped out a bowl of rice and finally had his dinner :) I sat at dining table next to him, accompanying him eat and talk. When finished, I asked him to eat the pear and the orange, while I went to his room, using computer to pay my ACCA yearly subscription and buy Baobei school's books online.

After a while Baobei entered his room, opened his two arms wide and came to me, "Mummy.....," he hugged me and I hugged him back.Then I kissed his two cheeks and his lip, then he kissed my two cheeks and my lip. I taught him this kissing style since he was a baby. I know one day he will grow up and will stop kissing me, so before it happens, I make that kissing style as a habit, as an expression of love :) His cheeks are so meaty. I love to kiss his cheeks, especially after he took a bath, you can smell the fragrant soap smell on his cheeks and cool feeling.. Hehehe.... He came and hugged me twice, means it was time for me to finish using the computer. Hahaha....

So I went back to my room, brushed my teeth, took out my contact lens, and went straight to my bed. Actually I asked him to sleep in his room and don't turn on the air-con since he was not feeling well, but he refused and preferred to sleep with us. Hubby was still working, so just the two of us. We watched TV for a while, then ready to sleep at 10pm.

He slept in the middle. I'd face him and he faced me as well. Suddenly I felt that one of his arms on top of my body (like hugging). Suddenly I felt blessed and loved. That was a great feeling. So I took my arm and hugged him too.. So that he'd feel the same. The feeling that someone loves you, cares for you, accompanies you by your side.

When I started to feel sleepy, he whispered to me, "Mummy, I cannot sleep." I told him try to sleep. Then, after a while, he whispered to me again. I thought he would say the same thing and I was planning to ignore him.. Haha... Then he said, "Mummy, good night!" Wow!! He was so understanding! I opened my mouth and told him, "Good night Baby... I love you Baby...," and he replied, "I love you too mummy..." Then both of us fell asleep... Zzz.... Zzz....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:).. that is what I experience everyday now with Rafa. he choose to sleep with me.. not 3 of us. just with me. sometimes he choose to sleep alone on his room or with his father. but when i sleep alone, i am the one who miss him. because he will hug me and kiss and say good night mama.. see you in the morning. and in the morning, once he notice you wake up, he will wake up too.
put a big smile, hug and say good morning mama...
yeah as a mom, we dunno when this will last so enjoy it while we can. and watching he is in the deep sleep is same like seeing angel sleeping. what an innoncent face. love you too aboy...
yz

Overcome Life said...

Hahaha... Children has angel face when they are sleeping and not when they are awake... Lolx!!!

Anonymous said...

yup.. once wake up the angel will change into demon... wakkaka...

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahaha:reever

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...