Saturday, January 04, 2020

Books read for the second half of the year 2019

That is me :D

The second half of 2019 passed so fast. Life was hectic for me, and mostly from travelling.

My goal was actually to read 40 books in 2019, but after first half of the year I only managed reading total of 13 books. 

Until November I tried my best to spare some time to read and could only manage another 10 books. So in December, once all the travelling had over, with the support of cooling weather back home, I spent most of time reading in my bed. That was also how I gained weight so fast as what I did every day was eat, sleep, read and repeat.

Within a month's time, I managed reading 9 books which in overall year, the total books I read was 32 books. Not bad lah :D

Below let me share the list of the book I read for the second half of the year 2019:


July 2019

July 2019: 
1. Your Second Life Begins When You Realize You Only Have One - Raphaelle Giordano
2. Thus I Heard - Ngawang Phuntsho

August 2019

Aug 2019: 
1. Kopi Thiam - James Suresh
2. Normal People - Sally Rooney
3. If, Then - Kate Hope Day
4. When Loss is Gain - Pavan K. Varma

September 2019

Sep 2019: 
1. 101 Stories for Foreigners to Understand Chinese People - Yi S. Ellis with Bryan D. Ellis
2. Girl A - My Story
3. Falling is Flying - Ajahn Brahm and Chan Master GuoJun


October 2019

Oct 2019: 
1. Awaken Every Day - Thubten Chodron

November 2019

Nov 2019: 
1. The Postcard - Zoe Folbigg
2. The Diary of Amos Lee (I Sit, I Write, I Flush) - Adeline Foo


December 2019

Dec 2019: 
1. In Love with the World - Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
2. Big Sky - Kate Atkinson
3. Sikkim Requiem for Himalayan Kingdom - Andrew Duff
4. Where the Crawdads Sing - Adelia Owens
5. Finding Chika - Mitch Albom
6. The Overdue Life of Amy Byler - Kelly Harms
7. Three Women - Lisa Taddeo
8. Once Upon a River - Diane Setterfield
9. The Bookish Life of Nina Hill - Abbi Waxman

Hope you still maintain your passion in reading as many others are doing. I am glad to find many passionate readers lately through Instagram where we can share which books are nice and worth spending our time reading. So, see you again in 6 month's time and enjoy reading!!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...