Tuesday, May 05, 2020

CCB Day 29

Hello May!!! :)

It is 5th May today. One of the beautiful pair of number in this year (05-05-2020). Some couple decided to give birth today (caesarean birth) so that the baby's birthday will be easily remembered and special. Most people, like me, today passes just like another day. Haha....

It is going to be a month tomorrow since the CCB (Coronavirus Circuit Breaker) started and so far it goes well in terms of our health and well being be it physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Every one is busy with their work (those who wfh or work from home) and study (those who are doing hbl or home based learning). And those who are not engaged in both activities, are busying themselves with many other activities (I fall under this category).

Compilation of my other activities includes:

1. Watching Korean dramas.

The latest popular Korean drama - The World of the Married (Pic source: dramacool)

Since mid March I have managed to watch 6 drama series, which are: Crash Landing On You, Memories of Alhambra, Tell Me What You Saw, When the Weather Is Fine, Itaewon Class, and the latest one, which also my favourite one among the rest, is The World of the Married.

Each series consist of 16 episodes. There are still 4 more episodes left for the World of the Married, as it is an ongoing one. You do not have to get married in order to watch or like the show. The story plot is just so cleverly made that I enjoyed it so much. How the main lady character tried solving each problem that she faced tactfully and the intention was not to hurt. After all, she just wanted to have some justice. I cannot wait for the rest of episodes to come!!!

2. Watching movies online.

Movies online (Pic source: Google.com)

Since mid February till now I have watched more than 30 movies. Be it Chinese, Hong Kong, American, French, Thailand, Korean, many are latest ones and picked randomly.

3. Trying new recipes.

Many of you may have already known that Mala Hotpot is one of my favourite dishes. Before CCB time, I could go down to Chinatown at least once in every 2 weeks with my Mala partners (even named the group of those friends whom I have it with, Mala Partners, in our what's app group chat).

There is a famous stall that serves the best and affordable Mala Hotpot in Chinatown. And it is perfectly eaten together with fresh chilled Tsing Dao beers (a very famous beer from China). It is perfect to have it with great companions, where we could chill, relax, chit chat, and enjoy. It is a bliss!!!

Home cooked Mala Hotpot

With so many ingredients available from the fridge, I decided to cook the above this using the Haidilao spicy sauce and it turned out to taste good and with love put in cooking it, the textures of each ingredients were cooked in perfection.

Initially I thought 5 of us would not be able to finish the whole big pot. But I was wrong. Within an hour, the pot turned empty. Hahaha...

Indonesian Soto Ayam

Some other day I whipped the Indonesian dish called Soto Ayam. It was spiced chicken soup served with vermicelli noodle, shredded cabbage, shredded chicken, boiled egg, spring onion, celery, fried onion, and completed with fried emping (belinjo crackers) and kecap manis or Indonesian sweet soya sauce.

In the past I used to cook this when studying overseas using the instant spices that sold in supermarket. But with so many ingredients to prepare, I had not cooked it for long time. The chicken bone made the soup tasted marvellous. I myself did not expect that the soup would end up tasting that wonderful.

Indonesian potato ball or perkedel

And only yesterday I tried cooking the above dish after watching the video from YouTube. This has been my favourite dish since I was very young. I remember that I always ordered this onto my rice pack whenever Mom buying from the stall. It was made from potato and other ingredients (cornet beef was one of the delicious ingredients).

But since my mother-in-law does not eat beef at home, I wanted to find out what other ingredients could be used without using any beef. I finally found the video and since I had potato at home, I decided to make it. The process and ingredients looked simple, however, it took me 1.5 hours to prepare and wash. Hahaha...

I think next time if I want to eat, I will just go to Malay rice stall and buy it there. The effort taken is not worth. The final products could be consumed in less than 15 minutes. Hahaha....

4. Reading books

Fate with books quote (IG: rimareyka.writes)

I spent my time reading books at home too. So far, I have read quite number of books since CCB started. Just as when my mood was ready to.

5. Updating blogs

Well, I cannot post as often as last time but I am still writing. Looking back at previous posts made me wanting to write more. And if you look at the blog list on the right side of this blog page, you can see that more people updating their blogs more frequent these days.

My blog list - www.reeverking.blogspot.com

I am very happy as I am not alone and blog trends are not dying yet. People still make efforts to write and tell stories (be it from their personal life or others). There was time when blogging seemed dying. People was no more updating and some even deleted their blog). So my blogging friends, hope you keep writing and updating your blog page. Do not let your passion in writing die with laziness and despair :)

Well, I am sure that there are many more activities going on during this CCB time in Singapore. For now, I will end this post. Government said the CCB may end early if the number of cases in community has become zero or in single digit number. Although I prefer this quietness to end longer, I also miss Mala time with my mala partners in Chinatown. Whatever may come, let it come then. Wish you all good days!!! Cya again! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...