Saturday, March 09, 2013

Out of ordinary way

Just now I had dinner with my ex-colleague. She resigned last year May, so it had been 10 months since we last met. We worked in totally different departments but under the same company. It was ACCA (accounting subjects) that we were studying and struggling that made us becoming closer, and usually we met and talked during breakfast time, while having our bread and coffee in staff cafeteria.

We agreed to meet at 7pm. Since there was enough time, I decided to go to the meeting place on foot, and not taking the crowded MRT. The weather was a bit cloudy, but definitely it was not hot, so it was good to rejuvenate myself and breath fresh air after 10 hours inside the not so well ventilated office.

If I take MRT, it was 2 stations away, but I have to change the train. On foot, it took me about 20 minutes, but I walked slowly and enjoyed the view that I passed by.

Arts done under the tunnel beside the river

The photo below reminds me of Amsterdam, one of the most bicycle-friendly cities in the world, where you can find bicycles parked everywhere along the street, bridge, etc. The colorful building is MICA (Ministry of Information, Communications, and The Arts).


Another art thing could also be found here.While the building is under repair, and they built the temporary pedestrian road with art painting on the side, so people won't get bored :)


And in the next photo, the Indian and Bangladesh construction workers were taking a break and they could see the beautiful city of Singapore view right in front of them.


So, rather than taking MRT where what you could see were just people and people, by taking the out of ordinary way, you could find other interesting and beautiful views. Do this once in a while, find and discover beauty that exists around us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...