Saturday, April 06, 2013

My BB life story


Yesterday afternoon, after writing an email to my dear friend, suddenly my Blackberry turned off itself. Weird. I had a bad feeling. It never happened like that before. I tried to turn it on, but it couldn't. As usual, I took off the battery, put it back again, and tried to turn it on again. It still couldn't. Just a red light on then disappeared.

Desperately, I took off the battery again. This time, removed the sim card as well, then put it back and turned it on again, same thing. Only red light would appear then it was off again. Hiks........ :( I immediately browsed in google trying to find the cause and how to solve the problem. The web just said, it often happened to any Blackberry phone and it seemed normal.

Haiz... I thought, it's gonna be the end of my BB's life. And funnily, just minutes before that, my colleague called my office number and asked me to miscall her using my mobile as her handphone had just died the day before. So I miscalled her, and not long after that, the problem with my BB appeared. Hiks...... I thought, since when the handphone problem could contiguous like that???

This was the second time I using Blackberry phone. Losing the phone data had become a regular happening. But for dying like that was my first time. I used to lose the whole data again and again, until I fed up and didn't want to store too many info there, only those I often used.

Since then, I started to type all my contacts information into the excel file in my computer to work as a back up so it would be useful when the event like this happened. After that I updated the data once in a while to make sure I didn't lose any contacts with any of my friends, ex-colleagues, ex-schoolmates, relatives, families, and so on.

I thought my BB was finally dead. I checked with my hubby when my contract finished and he said I need two more months to renew a contract and to purchase new handset at discounted price. Hoaaa.... I was so desperate... 2 months seemed like 2 years for me. Even an hour without it, I felt like a day!!! I checked around too if there was spare phone that I could borrow.

While I worked, I connected my handphone with the USB cable. There was red light again turning on and off itself. At least there was still a hope (not 100% died). Just like when people was dying but there was still heartbeat on and off.

After some time, suddenly it turned on itself. Then the screen appeared. It showed the extremely low bat condition and still charging. Wow!!! I was soooo... happy!!! It survived from the critical condition and it was alive!!! Hahaha... I couldn't believe it!! Seemed like a miracle, dream came true! I didn't have to worry about the spare phone anymore!! Before that I even thought of buying a new set without contract which would cost me a bomb!

Wow!! I relieved..... All the worries that I thought before had just disappeared and I felt grateful with my BB for giving me another chance to use this phone longer and in good condition. I promise I would treasure it more... Thank you dear.. Hope you can last until the day I can re-contract my plan and after the new Samsung S4 be launched!

However I don't think I will buy Blackberry anymore. Two Blackberry phones in a row, using it for about 4 years.. I have enough.... I need a phone who has a better camera (since I like to take photo), with better battery life span (unlike this one that can't even last for a half day....), better function and speed, etc. However, you have accompanied me through thick and thin, always be there when I needed you, have witnessed lots of my love messages with my loved ones, connected me with my families and friend from all over the world, and many more...

And this phone had taught me some important lessons in life too, which were to let go (as many contacts, messages, pictures would disappear), impermanence (nothing last forever) and also, once a chapter in life ended, it was not the end. It was just a new beginning of a better life although everything has to start all over again.

Let us treasure the rest of our time together ba!!! Nothing last forever though! Either you leave me or I leave you... It's a sad goodbye soon, but your memories will always remain in my heart..... Love you BB!!!

4 comments:

Sangay Duba said...

there are always miserable drawbacks of technology no matter how useful it be!! Everything will be cut off and people become blind for a moment!!!

Precious Moment said...

Hi Rim...

Precious Moment said...


It happened to me too!! ARGHHH...
I dropped my BB (hard) face down on the pedestrian!
I quickly checked, phew... it still worked well, but later on I noticed there's this big dark circle right in the middle of the screen.
It still can be used though, just VERY unsightly....

And my contract will end in June, another two long months to go...

What I learn was.... I'm still clumsy as always! Ha....a
Since then I always remember to put the sleeve on to prevent any further damage....

Overcome Life said...

Hi Shel, ur blog is amazing!! It's empty :D hehehe... U still use BB ya? I thought u changed already.. Haha.. I'm clumsy too, dropped it once nakedly to the tar, but thank God it still works well :) Yeah, we both are waiting for contract to end... Hahaha.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...