Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Waiting for the rain to subside

QOTD - On raining day :)

I just filled my stomach with hot yong dou fu soup at the coffee shop inside the shopping mall nearby my house. Dated my hubby who worked at the same building, and we had coffee to warm and energize our bodies in such cooling weather.

I left my house without the pocket umbrella that I usually brought in every occasion (be it hot and rain). It was cloudy when I glanced upon the balcony window, but I did not step outside to check whether it was raining or not. The cold weather enveloped Singapore these past few days and I took it for granted that it was not due to rain. Only after I came out from the lift at the first floor, then I realized that the sky had already drizzled.

"It is just little rain," I told myself as I was too lazy to go up and take the umbrella from home. I continued walking and passing by the mail box to drop a letter before reaching the mall.

Since I woke up quite late today, I did not have my breakfast at home and directly had heavy lunch. So now, my stomach was still full from it.

I walked around inside the shopping mall after separated with hubby, to catch at least 5,000 steps counted by the watch on my wrist. The goal was 10,000 steps a day. And I had zero for the last 2 days as I was engulfed in my reading and hid myself below the blanket enjoying the cold weather. "So today, let me get at least half for now." 

Christmas tree on raining day ^^

The watch vibrated when it reached 5,000 steps and I wanted to go home. But alas, it was raining outside, even heavier than when I came. "Haiz..... Where should I go, what should I do????"

My lip wanted to taste another cup of black coffee or even the hot milk tea. The image of me dipping the kaya toast and slurping the half boiled eggs filling my mind. As when I passed by the shops, I too imagined munching the deep fried you tiao and the fluffy meat bun. However, my full stomach alarmed me and said no to all my imaginary scenes. "Hahaha.... It is not that I do not have money to buy those. But this stomach puts the 'no' sign voluntarily. "

The air condition blew harshly and made the place much cooler. It made me running away from it. Luckily this mall was built with some outdoor seats with roof on top. I walked down to the basement and found a quiet nice wooden seat, then rested my butt in it. This rain had given me a reason to write about this situation and romanticize everything that I faced.

It was still raining by the time I finished writing this. It rained heavier and the sky had become much darker. "I should have just stayed at home just now. Haiz.... it is too late now."

Luckily I had fully charged my phone battery before coming out. I browsed around Goodreads to find out what nice book to read. I searched such interesting book at the National Library apps and checked whether they had the online book available. "Yesssss!!! I got one. 'Life will be the death of me' - by Chelsea Handler."

My next read - 'Life will be the death of me' by Chelsea Handler

I downloaded it immediately and it was time to read now as I clicked the 'publish' button from this site. After all, I only needed a book, good weather, and quiet place to do what I like doing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...