Friday, August 04, 2023

Gratitude beyond measure

Gratitude Quote (Pic source: Google.com)

Good morning!!! It is Friday!!! Yayyy!!! 

First week of August is here and four more to go! August is such a very long month (with 31 days in it), just like July! But if I can survive this, I am sure I can survive the rest of the year! :)

Many people asked me, "How is your work so far?" 

I said, "It is so far so good. I feel comfortable."

I mean, I feel like I am building my nest here, feeling secure and comfortable. This feeling is just like when I met my hubby for the first time. Like I knew that he was going to be the anchor of my life - someone who was able to provide me with emotional support, guidance, stability, and hope of my life; someone who was going to be a good father for my child.

This job, my Boss, and the office environment, are exactly the same thing. I feel that this is going to be something for the rest of my life.

So I am going to learn slowly, read more, know more about how it works, what the company dealing with, and slowly master it.

To be frank, I have never been so passionate about a job like this before. This is my first time when I could hug and embrace my job as if it is my lover. I could say that I love what I am doing here. 

I used to wonder a lot of how my other friends loved their job so much, by dedicating their time (many even sacrificing their family time), to embrace themselves with their jobs. Some, even after taking a break from it, were missing to go back and be part of it again. 

I kind of understand their feelings now. 

I even can put all the travel desires on hold, until I know what I am supposed to be doing with my role here, know well when is the best time to be away or when is the busiest time of the months or year, before I start planning on the next vacation.

I do not mind missing many aspects or things or even moments, temporarily in life (of traveling) - and as long as I still put a priority to spend time with my family at home and life here in Singapore - because I always believe that everything happens only for good reasons. That some day, when the time comes (for me to travel), if I have to be there, I would be there. And if the time would not come (for me to travel), it is ok, and I will be fine because I know what I am doing, enjoying it, and would never regret it.

It is mostly happy feeling and mood. As promised, no work during weekends; not much phone calls to receive and to make; not much stress at work; and not much emails - compared to other companies I had worked before; and those things means a lot for me.

Inside the lift at our office building, I often hear people gossiping around their bosses and colleagues. I felt truly grateful that I did not have to experience it since it is only two of us in the office. Instead, my jolly boss often talk about her Zumba, Pilate, and her passion in catching Pokemon with her fellow friends, also about how she spent her time with her children and grandchildren back home.

And yes, I am grateful, and will forever grateful for everything that happened to me in my life.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you SB!!! May all beings be happy and health, free from suffering and the cause of suffering, life full of peace and joy! Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy for you that finally find your dream job. Wish you all thr best! Love u

Overcome Life said...

Thank you my number one fans 🥰🥰🥰

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...