Thursday, August 03, 2023

Pluviophile

Pluviophile

I reached the station ten minutes before 9am. As I ascended the escalator from the underground MRT station, I could see the sky had turned dark and the wind blew chillingly touching my skin. 
"Wow!!! Looks like rain is coming!!!" I talked to myself. "Lucky both ways to the office building had the underpass so that I would not get wet in the event of rain," my mind was speaking again. 

Upon reaching the office door, I could see the office had turned dark, unlike many other mornings when the sun rays pierced through the both side windows, illuminating my working table and chair. 

"Wow!!! I like this!!!" exclaimed my own self. It was dark but feeling cozy instead of depressing.

I turned on the office light and walked towards my seat. I put down my bags, turned on the PC and office mobile, and set myself down into the chair. 

The morning would not be complete without coffee. I was supposed to cut the caffeine down, but the office would not be complete without coffee smell, especially in a weather like this!!! Hahaha... *my usual excuse :P

I opened the fridge and took the bottle of water out. I filled the kettle half and turned it on. As I looked up, rain had started heavily. 

"Wah, lucky I have reached here without getting wet!!!"

The sound of water boiling soothed me. I turned the Youtube on from the computer. I loved quietness when working, but sometimes, I would love to listen to some music too, especially on raining day like this. 

I typed 'raining day song' and many choices appeared. I clicked on a playlist and let it run themselves.

I cut the top part of the coffee sachet, filled it inside my rooster cup and poured the hot boiling water inside. I stirred it and brought it to my desk. Hmmmmm..... just loved the smell :) The taste was good too. I sipped it slowly and checked out my office email.

I opened the yesterday 'to do list' note and completed it one by one.

Raining day... 

Loved it because of the mood it brought, the ambience, the cozy dark feelings, the chill, the coffee smell, the me-alone time, but mostly because my Boss would usually come late, sometimes did not even come to office.

So, that was why.... I am pluviophile, one who loves rain; one who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days and everything else I mentioned above :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...