Sunday, June 15, 2008

Family Day

Hehehe... We joined the family day held for SMC's staffs in Bottle Tree Park somewhere near Yio Chu Kang. Flo emailed me last time about this and asked me whether I wanted to join in or not.. Since I long have never attended such an event, I agreed to her. My hubby was also able to attend the event since his boss has flown the day before.

So yesterday we took the bus from SMC together w/ Flo about 9am in the morning. We reached there before 10am and went in for registration. I met lots of ex-colleagues there, including my ex-boss.. kekekeke... Hm... seemed like not many people attended this event. From fin dept itself there were only few who came. The rest have their own reasons on why they don't join in.. which I found.. a little bit too bad lor...

My co doesn't have its own family day. We have one, but under 1 big group above us, which I found.. little bit too far to know other people closer. Anyway, I'm not joining them.. They will have one next month in Sentosa.

Back to the event... I met my ex-GM, and other EXCOs members. I also could see lots of new faces there. There were quite a bit change la... At 10 am, we had warming up session (doing chicken dance) led by the emcee, which then led others to have telematches, kids corner's, paintball competition, prawn fishing, longkang fishing, etc. My kid only joined in the kids corner where he made his first sand colouring assisted by his father. Hehehe... We didn't participate much this time 'cos I knew that I wasn't the staff anymore and I gave others chances to join the games. It's better this way too 'cos I would have more freedom to see or do things whatever I want. I saw how my friends catching the prawns.. hm.. quite interesting but I myself would not do so.. as it would kill or hurt the fragile prawn. I had a 20-minute massage for only $6, not bad la... and we watched the other game for a while before we decided to leave the place. The weather was quite humid there and we were quite sticky too w/ our bodies..

We went to AMK Hub and had our late lunch there before went back home. I slept for few hours before we had our dinner and shopped little bit at NTUC for breakfast this morning. Well.. overall I am quite happy w/ the chance given to us to join the family day.. and so happy too to meet my friend, H, who passed me lots of doraemon magnets to me... Thanks H!!! It's almost created another one set.. but too bad, I don't have the shield... I tried to find in any 7-11 shop but they are out of stock. Hiks.. hopefully can find it one day...

Well.. enjoy some photos taken there...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...