Thursday, November 03, 2022

One Punggol

One Punggol - Singapore

It still feels like a dream. 

We moved to this area ten years ago and that time there was nothing surrounding our housing block. Our block was kind of pioneer buildings in the area. I still remembered how we could see sunset from inside the Punggol MRT station. But now, we saw only buildings around. 

The building above was what we were hoping for since we moved and finally, after a decade of waiting, it started to operate slowly, starting first from the hawker center. 

One Punggol Hawker Centre

It was finally here!!! We had only one food shop at bus interchange when we first moved in. Around 1 to 2 years later, there was another alternative nearby our house and few years later, another one or two. We had very limited choices of food to buy but we had to live with it. And then the Waterway Point (shopping mall) was opened in January 2016.

I still remembered that almost everyone who stayed nearby were walking to the shopping mall first few days and weeks of its opening day. The feeling was like we were all exciting that finally something like this came to our neighbourhood. 

So this time, One Punggol too. As I came today, I saw many people like me were curious about this new building. We all walked around, level by level, tried finding out what were available now, and what would open in the near future. 

Just like me, they too clicked photos here and there, and perhaps, shared it to social media. The hawker center has been opened days ago. It was crowded this afternoon. 

"A total of 34 stalls will be available when the hawker centre is fully functioning, with more than 700 seats," as written by mothership.sg 

I might buy something later but earlier, I was just walking and looking around. I saw some familiar shops, but many were new brands. Eating area on the side was airy. Perhaps because today was such a cloudy and rainy day. If weather was hot, the big celling fan would be very useful. 

Blood donation center would also available at this floor. 

One Punggol Directory

The building had 5 levels with car park area at the basement. You could check the detail in the photo above. 

For now, we could only visit up to fourth storey. They blocked the access to fifth level. It took some time ba!

The content looked exciting though!!! Karaoke! BBQ pits! Community garden! Sun deck? Sky deck? I was looking forward into it!!!

I heard it would have four badminton courts at the multi purpose hall. I was not a badminton fans and not a player either, but I was happy for them. 

Dance Studio - One Punggol

Dance studio at level 3 had already functioned. I saw people bringing yoga mat earlier. And now they used the room for dancing. Wah, one day, I would be able to join them as well. Would check the One Punggol website soon!!! :)

At fourth floor, there would be dialysis center, KKH department of child development, culinary studio, music studio, Senior care center and so on. It would be useful for everyone who needed it. 

Punggol Regional Library coming soon in 2023

For those who knew me, would have guessed correctly of what I was waiting for!!! Yes, the Punggol Regional Library!!! Waaaaa..... I was really looking forward!!! But it would not be ready that soon. It was expected to open in early 2023. Now they were still under construction. 

Punggol Library under construction

One Punggol was only 8-minute away from Waterway Point and it took around 10 minutes from my house to Waterway Point. A brief walk would be fine as a form of exercise. 

Playgrounds between Waterway Point to One Punggol

Covered walkway was available from Waterway Point to One Punggol with many seats, playgrounds, and exercise grounds built along the way. 

Basket ball ground and other facilities

Basket ball grounds and many other facilities were also available near One Punggol. Students could use it during their school holiday. It could benefit any ages from the very young to the senior range. 

Even just to sit and relax, enjoy their break or lunch, these places would be beneficial for everyone. 

The miniature of One Punggol

For now the space looked so big. Seats were everywhere. As I wrote this post, I was sitting at one of the benches provided. With the cloudy weather and giant ceiling fan above me, I could sitting and writing this post comfortably :)

Just realised even my shirt was matching with building colour ^^"

Hahahaha.... After this, I would go up to the hawker and have a bowl of ah balling peanut soup. So convenient. I did not have to go faraway place to have it :)

So, free free, go and visit this place ok? Even as foreigner who comes to Singapore. Wish everyone a good day ahead!!! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...