Thursday, January 06, 2022

Turning Back Time

Happy Blessed New Year 2022!!!

It had been almost a week since we went through the year 2022. No celebration on the Eve, only stayed at home like the other night and had myself a good sleep.

Lately there were many things happened. How to say? Big change? Or not much change? Or back to square one?

What I wanted to say was, unexpected thing happened related to my working place, which forced me to end my part-time working life at the ghost kitchen. 

Fortunately Chinese New Year would be coming in very soon and I was offered to do another part time job, baking kueh lapis at the old working place. So, at least I had things to do and earned some money at the same time.

Resolutions were made to be broken lol... :"D

This New Year, I managed to meet up with my working mates for lunch though, and after that we continued with drinking session. Despite we had been worked together only for few months (not even a year) and I was the only lady there (the rest were 4 guys), we had worked together really well.

It made me thinking into changing my occupation to become the full-time staff, at their newly opened outlet. It happened that the area was nearby where I worked around 2 decades ago, when I first joined my workforce in Singapore.

I visited the area twice recently. I used to work both at Joo Chiat area (main office) and Parkway Parade (one of the outlets). After quitting the job, I seldom went there because the location was quite far away from where I stayed. 

In the past, I could only take bus to reach there. But now, thanks for the MRT development in Singapore, I could reach the place by taking both MRT and bus with lesser time (compared if I solely took only the bus). At least I could arrange the time better (imagine traffic jam when taking bus during busy periods both morning and night).

It was not like this 20 years ago ^^

On my first visit, my hubby and I browsed the Joo Chiat area. We had already married by then and he often went there to fetch me home since he was driving the company van last time. It brought us so much nostalgic and made us amazed on how much the places had been developed and turned into what it was now. 

And on my second visit, I went to Parkway Parade and again, many things had changed there too!!! You could find anything there without having to go elsewhere. It was just, the place could be very crowded when it came to weekends, public holidays, and school holidays. 

20 years ago, my first job, was also related to Food and Beverage. I had to cope with shift time, off days on weekdays (but changed after I got pregnant), and handling the hectic and high demand operations.

And 20 years after, I had this possibility of going back to Food and Beverage company, working as kitchen staff, and again, I had to handle a fast working environment. 

It seemed like a dream to me. I mean, in between, I worked inside the office, working from Monday to Friday (first few years Monday to Saturday), following office hours, wearing suits and heels, and finally I got sick and tired of it after doing it for many years.

Starting from passion, and now it might be a full time job - more responsibility, more demand, and so on. I hoped not much stress added in the process, because I tried my best not to live life stressfully, which at the end, might affect the physical and mental health. 

Anyway, let us just hope for the best. The surrounding area was used to be my playground, so at least I did not feel so alien and knew where to go or how, all sorts of things. 

The rest, let us just leave it to nature, whether I would be accepted and joining the company, or not. Whatever it would be, I believed everything happened only for good reasons. So, what about your life in this 2022 year???

2022 Resolutions ;D

Chinese New Year would be coming very soon, and changed in luck would happen all over again. Just pray that everything would go well and smoothly, and most importantly, all of us could maintain our good health and have more joy and happiness in our lives.

Stay safe, take care, and wish you all, the very best in everything that you do!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...